Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer's mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
In your role, you will be joining a team that is responsible for overseeing and directing all supply chain management activities for multiple Contract Manufacturers (global scope) and products. Your work is conducted with Pfizer's supply chain management teams, Brand Supply Leaders and External Supply Operations. Your team will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the smooth and efficient operation of supply chain processes to ensure customers’ satisfaction and cost-effective supply chain. Your work with supply chain planners, Subject Matter Experts and coaches will develop a strong team to ensure supply chain excellence for Pfizer.
As a Manager, you provide guidance to operational teams for managing projects. Your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements and providing areas of improvement for products, processes, or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a leadership role to facilitate agreements between different teams.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Provide guidance to teams and lead/co-lead assigned projects. Lead Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) material sourcing for the team.
- Provide effective project management through continual communication and recommendations to multiple customers on project status, results, activities and issues.
- Maintain an organized data set regarding sourcing status.
- Participate and/or lead in the development of strategic plans for sourcing and outsourcing custom-manufactured materials and strategic commodities required to support a candidate’s API needs.
- Participate in evaluation, qualification and development of potential manufacturers of key API intermediates to ensure the most reliable, cost effective and highest quality partners are developed. Work on continuous improvement and streamline procedures and processes to be used by the team and secure that processes are documented.
- Create and sustain an improvement culture by actively stimulating and supporting Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate the implementation of various projects and initiatives that impact the supply chain team.
- Manage the outsourcing of mammalian, microbial cell culture-derived, or viral biological candidates and/or vaccines for clinical trials, which are either in the early or late stages of development, to qualified Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
- Manage the outsourcing of analytical methods development, qualification and/or validation and stability testing to qualified contract laboratories.
- Manage outsourcing needs for aseptic formulation and filling and related drug product operations. Manage the outsourcing of exploratory therapeutic modalities, such as messenger RNA, gene therapy, oncolytic viruses and other necessary support services.
- Establish and conduct General Training (all users) and Directed Training (specific users) programs on the use of Pfizer supply chain systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications. Strong interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Proven attention to detail / issue resolution skills are highly desired.
- Master’s degree and relevant pharmaceutical experience.
- Knowledge of industry practices within chemical development, cGMP API manufacturing and procurement.
- Demonstrated skill in business negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application.
- Experience in Materials Management, production planning and inventory management optimization algorithms.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Potential for annual international travel to visit suppliers and trade shows.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance