International Program Manager
- American Chemical Society
- Washington D.C.
- Salary based on experience
- Closing date
- Jul 7, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
Are you interested in global undergraduate education in chemistry? The Education Division of the American Chemical Society is looking for a motivated, innovative, and project-oriented educator to develop and expand the ACS Recognition for Global Programs in the Chemical Sciences.
This position requires:
- An M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) degree in the chemical sciences or equivalent Experience teaching in higher education and an understanding of the typical undergraduate curriculum Cultural/global awareness The ability to thrive in a team environment while also being able to work independently Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills Clear and concise writing and presentation skills
The candidate will be responsible for managing a program designed to recognize international chemistry undergraduate programs. This includes the following:
- Working with the team to determine the strategic direction, growth, and evolution of the program. Collaboration with the ACS Governance to establish guidelines, processes, and procedures associated with the review of international programs in chemistry.
Additional responsibilities for this role:
- Work in partnership with ACS on Campus to advertise and promote Education Division programs. Create, encourage, and support the various academic communities including faculty members and department leads. Create and support community among faculty members on a global scale.
If developing programs and processes to evaluate educational programs on a global scale piques your interest AND you enjoy working with a mission-driven and creative team, then this is the position for you.
With nearly 157,000 members, the American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information. A nonprofit organization, chartered by Congress, ACS is at the forefront of the evolving worldwide chemistry enterprise and the premier professional home for chemists, chemical engineers and related professions around the globe. We strive to be a force for good.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert