Analytical Team Leader 2 - (18042943)
About Syngenta Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
About Us Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking an Analytical Team Leader 2 in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Role Purpose To provide expert technical direction and problem solving for team members generating analytical data and/or methodology in support of product development, registration, or production efforts, in compliance with all relevant technical, financial, GLP and HSE (health, safety, and environment) requirements. This may include responsibility for method development and validation, GLP test and reference material characterization, conduct of GLP product chemistry studies, manufacturing, and Pilot Plant support. To lead a team of analysts in a productive and efficient manner, including, but not limited to project prioritization, resource allocation, people development and performance management.
- Define, together with customers & stakeholders, the scope, and targets of projects.
- Determine the appropriate skills and resources necessary for successful delivery.
- Drive the progress, quality, and resource utilization of significant projects for their team members, as well as their own. Guide the experimental work as necessary.
- Ensures effective cross-functional teamwork and global networking.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Assists the Group Leader / Manager in the development of efficient processes and effective strategies and may act as a deputy for their superior.
- May be asked to lead key initiatives within PT&E.
- Strives for personal and professional development for themselves and their team members by maintaining active awareness of technical advances inside and outside Syngenta.
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with Syngenta Health, Safety & Environment policies. Fosters an atmosphere of safety and continuous improvement. Balance delivery of individual responsibilities with management of the team.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- A degree in chemistry or related scientific field, PhD in chemistry preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in leading small teams/supervising junior scientists
- Strong practical and theoretical expertise in separation techniques
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and adjust to business needs
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training promotion, on or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm) Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm) #LI-LM2
Primary Location : USA-North Carolina-Greensboro