The Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Laboratory Manager is responsible for maintaining and repairing all the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers and the associated computer network on the Loyola LSC, as well as training of all students, postdoctoral appointees, technicians and faculty in the safe and effective operation of the NMR spectrometers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Plans and directs implementation and administration of the Magnetic Resonance Facility at the Department of Chemistry of Loyola University Chicago.
2. Serves as the Departmental NMR expert, is available to the chemists and biochemists in the Department for consultation regarding the utilization of modern NMR techniques for the solutions of chemical and biochemical projects.
3. Is available for consultation regarding the design and implementation of NMR experiments for undergraduate pedagogy.
4. Has direct responsibility for the maintenance, calibration, and repair of all of the NMR spectrometers and the associated computer network on LSC.
5. Instructs students, postdoctoral appointees, technicians, and faculty in the safe and effective utilization of the NMR Facility, and conducts regular training sessions on the theory of NMR.
6. Participates in drafting proposals for funding of magnetic resonance spectrometers.
7. Develops, recommends, and monitors expenditures for maintenance, repair, and replacement of the NMR spectrometers and all other associated hardware and software.
8. Performs other duties as required.