Magritek is looking for a talented and knowledgeable NMR scientist to advance practical applications of benchtop NMR while supporting our customers and the sales team. Magritek is a world leader in developing and commercializing innovative scientific instrumentation in the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR). Our markets include Tertiary Education and Academic Research, as well as a broad range of industries. The successful candidate should possess a strong background in chemistry, in-depth knowledge of NMR spectroscopy and structure interpretation of small molecules, with hands-on experience in sample preparation techniques and NMR data acquisition and analysis. This is a full-time position based in our main US office in Malvern PA.
- Working closely with the Applications and Sales teams in the development of key applications and sales opportunities of low-field NMR in industry and academia
- Assisting customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of benchtop NMR systems in their laboratories.
- Conducting customer training and after-sales support
- Carrying out NMR experiments, including data acquisition and processing, qualitative and quantitative NMR analysis, structure determination of unknowns and summarize this information in written and/or oral reports
- Traveling as needed to support customer demos and training, conferences, exhibits, etc.
- Degree in chemistry with experience in NMR spectroscopy; strong background in organic chemistry
- Proficient in acquisition and interpretation of 1D and 2D NMR data
- Problem-solving skills in small molecule NMR spectroscopy
- Hands-on experience of NMR instruments preferred
- Experience with commercial NMR data analysis software is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills, be able to manage multiple projects effectively and be able to work well in teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, and work from our office in Malvern PA.
This is a full-time exempt position and compensation includes:
- 401K Plan with company’s matching contribution
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Sponsored medical, dental and vision plans