Support Kalsec’s innovation, product and technology development by managing projects and driving them to success, while delivering on the key stakeholders’ goals. Scout for and evaluate new and emerging technology worth bringing forward for the organization to validate and develop and commercialize.
Essential Job Functions:
- Project Management:
- Adapt best in class project management practices, tools and methodology.
- Work with key stakeholders to define “Wants” and “Needs”.
- Form and lead a cohesive project’s team with well understood and communicated: deliverables, resource needs, milestones and timelines
- Lead and execute on new technology screening and evaluation.
- When appropriate, serve as principal investigator, planning, designing and independently conducting experiments, projects and associated research activities directed toward identified, strategic business opportunities.
- Share and disseminate your specific expertise as it may apply across R&D departments and Business Units.
- Prepare and present detailed reports describing and summarizing research efforts.
- Stay current on emerging technology and competitive products. Explore market trends and identify unique opportunities for Kalsec growth, backed by experimental support.
- Stay current on Kalsec’s discovery, product development and applications efforts.
- Develop a knowledge bridging from the science through commercialization, including supply, regulatory, and commercial aspects.
- Serve as a mentor to KalsecÒ staff, including occasional leading, guiding and training of staff, student employees, interns, and/or others performing related work.
- Participate in training programs deemed necessary to either develop job skills or meet company policies and directives.
- Build a network internally and externally, particularly competitive intelligence sources/vendors, service providers, trade groups, academic and industry collaborators. Leverage network contacts for solving Kalsec technical challenges.
- Contribute to the Discovery & Open Innovation strategy at the direction of the Director of Discovery & Open Innovation.
- Ph. D. degree in a technical area such as food science, chemistry or related degree or Master and additional equivalent food industry and experience. Project management experience and coordinating multifunctional teams. At least 2 research publications
- Experience in natural ingredients and food applications.