This position will provide Analytical Chemistry technical support for new and existing product and active ingredient analysis and registrations. The primary accountability will be to conduct and support product chemistry characterization studies with focus on mass spectrometry structural elucidation for identification and confirmation of analytes of interest. This position will also support other team members on spectroscopic and chromatographic analysis.
- Conduct structure elucidation experiments including confirmation of active ingredient and identification of unknown impurities, primarily using mass spectrometry techniques
- Develop and validate analytical methods for active ingredient and/or impurity assay, stability testing, chemical property determinations.
- Prepare reports and technical documents for regulatory submissions, serve as a study director and respond to questions from regulators on Product Chemistry data
- Conduct and support product chemistry characterization studies and other Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulated work to support the global Crop Protection portfolio, and supply chain activities.
- Prepares or reviews standard operating procedures for use by the Company, as required
- Collaborate by building networks and relationships cross-functionally to create visibility and drive project milestones
- Ability to mentor/coach junior team members.
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational skills, e.g., Identify, plan, prioritize, coordinate, and negotiate on project timelines with stakeholders
- Continually improve the operational effectiveness of the Analytical Chemistry Department
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Strong background in mass spectrometry (MS) techniques and organic chemistry
- Hands on experience with structural characterization for small organic molecules
- Develop strong team/interpersonal relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and innovation capabilities
- Continuous technical growth that drives innovations
Minimum education and critical capabilities required
- Degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Graduate or industry training in analytical chemistry with strong practical and theoretical expertise in LC-MS and GC-MS including separations techniques
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Flexibility to change and adjust to business needs
- Experience in leading small teams and supervising junior scientists
- Working in a controlled environment-eg GLP, GMP
- Experience working in a dynamic high performing team
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.