SBRBPAS Expert (Branch Chief)
- FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College Park, Maryland
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Closing date
- Jul 15, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Health / Safety
- Job Type
- Full time
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Dietary Supplement Programs (ODSP), Division of Research and Evaluation (DRE), Identity and Status Branch (ISB). ODSP has the primary responsibility to implement the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act as amended by Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994, which ensures the safety and truthful labeling of dietary supplements. ODSP also provides technical and policy input to support FDA legislative, compliance, enforcement, and public affairs initiatives relating to dietary supplement oversight. The ISB provides chemistry, microbiology, biology, and analytical chemistry expertise on dietary ingredients and supplements to the Center and develops guidelines and establishes expectations for the identity of dietary ingredients.
• Serves as a national and international expert authority within CFSAN and across FDA, by providing authoritative and specialized biological, microbiological, or chemical expertise and analytical expertise in consulting on an array of regulatory issues and matters related to dietary supplements.
• Directs the regulatory activities of the Branch, providing oversight for technical review for New Dietary Ingredient Notifications (NDINs), Ingredient Determination Memos (IDMs), and related evaluations pertinent to dietary supplements.
• Manages and provides expert guidance on NDINs conducted by ISB staff including review of scientific information submitted by regulated industry as well as publicly available information or information generated by government facilities pertaining to the identity of dietary ingredients, how the substance is manufactured, and analytical chemistry information that allows determination of what substances are present in a dietary supplement.
• Provides direction to highly trained and skilled multidisciplinary regulatory scientists.
• Serves as spokesperson for the Center during conferences and at seminars, workshops and advisory committees on matters related to regulatory approaches to support the lawful use of ingredients in dietary supplements, including expert knowledge regarding the sourcing, manufacturing, and identity
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert