Are you a quick learner who is able to jump into an analytical role feet first and succeed? ETS is currently recruiting candidates who are able to excel in a dynamic and fast-moving production laboratory environment to join our teams in Healdsburg, CA and St. Helena, CA.
Apply now to become part of our efficient team providing accurate laboratory analysis to the wine industry, helping support some of the world's best wine producers!
What you’ll do:
Although we’ve grown to five locations, we are still a small family-owned business. You’ll be joining a small but efficient team responsible for analytical work and laboratory support functions in a fast paced, high through-put production laboratory. You will have the opportunity to work with state of the art equipment and technologies learning from our friendly and diverse international staff of experts.
You will be expected to demonstrate superior organizational skills, be extremely detail oriented and able to perform high volume, precise analytical work under pressure with calm confidence, speed and accuracy.
You should share our focus and commitment to continuous quality, innovation, and learning to help drive future development and deliver greater value to our clients and support them as they make the world’s finest wines.
No experience in the wine industry is required.
YOUR TALENTS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Proven customer support skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Maintaining composure under pressure
- Self-motivation, accountability, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Initiative to search, explore and ask questions to overcome obstacles and find solutions
- Ability to laugh and have a good time without losing your focus while working really hard
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the company's and clients' information and intellectual property
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sample logistics and reagent preparation
- Chemistry analyses utilizing sophisticated instrumentation and manual chemistry techniques
- Instrument start-up, calibration, operation, and shut-down
- Identifying instrument problems and performing routine troubleshooting
- Generation of quality system-compliant data
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry or a related field
- Practical experience in a high-throughput production laboratory or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with an ISO 17025 environment
- Availability to work flexible schedules when required, especially during peak analytical seasons
Must be able to sit or stand for significant periods of time while performing a variety of tasks.
Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions such as capping and uncapping tubes or sample containers.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A student loan repayment program
- Comprehensive employer-paid health and vision insurance
- 401k, FSA, HRA, and group life insurance
- Support for skill development and continuous learning opportunities
- Offices near some of the world’s most beautiful vineyards
Who We Are:
ETS Laboratories is the worldwide leader in providing independent, ISO-accredited analytical services to the wine industry. We partner with the world’s greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools of the highest quality and an unmatched technical expertise to support their wine making craft.
Since we opened in 1978, ETS Laboratories has grown to five locations across the West coast with a staff whose knowledge covers a broad range of expertise. We boast a diverse and highly trained team with a broad range of experience and advanced degrees.
Our Healdsburg and St. Helena laboratories are located in the heart of the premier northern California wine growing regions, providing Sonoma and Napa county wineries and suppliers with local access to the advanced analytical methods that are vital to modern wine making.