R&D Scientist III - Polymers
- EMD Performance Materials, EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Full benefits from start date
- Closing date
- Aug 19, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
The R&D Scientist III - Polymers at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will focus on developing novel polymers for biomedical applications including drug delivery, tissue engineering, and 3D bioprinting. The Scientist is responsible for innovation & commercialization of new products and collaborates with cross-disciplinary teams to enrich the Materials Science Polymer Products portfolio. Key responsibilities include:
- Understand business and customer needs, identify market opportunities, and contribute to strategies and tactics of product development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as R&D, Product Management, Business Management, Quality Control, Production, and external collaborators to build a strong products portfolio.
- Work independently with substantial discretion yet within the broader guidelines of company policies and make sound decisions based on team strategies and goals.
- Lead complex projects, proactively solve technical challenges, meet time-bound milestones, and mentor & motivate junior team members.
- Employ technical knowhow in polymerization and analytical techniques to develop new products, process improvement, and scale-up manufacturing.
- Represent R&D at internal and external events such as technical conferences, meetings, and customer engagements.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab notebooks, analyzing and summarizing data in presentations and reports. Contribute to the creation of a strong IP portfolio, trade secrets, and technical publications.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, or other scientific discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in synthesis of polymers for biomedical applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in polymer products development.
- In-depth understanding of the biomedical materials market and broad knowledge of polymers used in biomedical applications.
- Knowledgeable with emerging technical areas and technologies in the fields of biomedical research.
- Extensive hands-on experience in polymer synthesis using a variety of polymerization techniques.
- Experience with DOE for process optimization and scale-up development.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment and coaching/mentoring junior team members.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports, summarize data, and make effective presentations.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to make an impact and grow professionally.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert