Paraza Pharma Inc.
Paraza Pharma, Inc. is a fast-growing pharmaceutical research company offering a dynamic and collaborative work environment where scientific excellence, innovation and creativity are at the forefront. Here, diversity, new points of view and a creative spirit are valued and considered as real assets. We provide our employees with ongoing support, training and development opportunities to expand their horizons while contributing to our shared passion for Drug Discovery.
The successful candidate is expected to have extensive experience in modern organic synthesis. In addition, we are looking for individuals with abilities to analyze complex data sets, demonstrate sound decision-making and analytical skills and able to provide creative proposals and solutions to advance on-going projects. The candidate will be expected to work independently within a team structure, design and execute synthetic routes and troubleshoot when needed. The key responsibilities of the successful candidate include the following:
- Design and execute multi-step syntheses of novel target molecules as part of a chemistry team
- Troubleshoot and optimize reaction sequences
- Collect, analyse and interpret data sets
- Propose follow-up experiments based on data trends
- Design novel target molecules to synthesize as part of medicinal chemistry project
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Prepare summary documents and presentations to chemistry and project teams
- Ph.D. in Organic, Bioorganic or Medicinal Chemistry, with 0-2 years of post-doctoral experience
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Demonstrated laboratory proficiency
- Experience with the operation of standard laboratory instrumentation (e.g. NMR, MS, automated chromatography), and data analysis
- Able to work within a team structure and effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Proven research track record as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and constantly seeking creative solutions to challenging problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who can legally work in Canada
- Potential for permanent employment on completion of post-doctoral term
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line of email JOB ID: PP2201.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Website: parazapharma.com