UES, Inc. has an opportunity for a Research Scientist focused on prediction of Air Force personnel performance utilizing high-end mass spectral equipment to join our team working within the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The Scientist will design experiments, collect, and analyze non-invasive and minimally invasive samples from a variety of biosources to examine performance-based changes in volatile and non-volatile analytes. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D., experience using high resolution mass spectrometers, and additional experience with diverse biochemical and molecular assays.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Ability to design, organize, and execute independent research with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through publication and presentation record.
- Ability to thrive in a small, multidisciplinary team environment.
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Hands-on experience in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers, including Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, Q Exactive HF, QqQ Quantis, GC-Exploris, and chromatographic systems, such as Vanquish UPLC, RSLCnano UPLC, or TraceUltra GC.
- Proficiency in acquisition and computational analysis of one or more of the following disciplines: global/targeted metabolomics; global/targeted lipidomics; quantitative proteomics; and/or breathomics.
- Experience with current computational software for mass spectrometry data, such as MaxQuant, XCMS, Compound Discoverer, Proteome Discoverer, Lipid Search, and Tracefinder.
- Expertise in common biochemical analysis, such as SDS-PAGE and immunoblotting.
- Customer service skills and/or core/service lab experience.
- Experience mentoring junior scientists and student researchers.
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.