Our Taste and Sensory Innovation team is the foundation and driving force of our business through developing new food concepts and flavor formulations to gain new businesses. As a core team member, you will contribute to our future growth by developing reaction flavors demonstrating the benefit of Kalsec products and capabilities to our customers in leading proactive and reactive innovation projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead new product development projects: you will develop flavors generated from reactions such as Maillard reaction for projects according to all relevant requirements, including flavor profiles, regulation, and cost.
- Showcase your technical expertise: you will serve as a technical expert and advisor to Marketing, Sales, and customers. You will also organize training for internal employees.
- Manage innovation projects: you will interact with cross functional teams such as Regulatory, Sales, and the Business Unit Leadership team to identify innovation targets, design and execute project protocols, and deliver the results to fuel the business unit’s growth.
- Maintain safety: you will maintain a safe, clean, and organized lab environment following Safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
- MS or PhD in Organic Chemistry or an equivalent combination of BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and food product development experience or training. Experience in evaluating and optimizing chemical reaction systems. Ability to utilize statistic programs to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and provide recommendations for research projects. Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to details.