Lawrence Fellowship PostDoctoral Researcher
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA, USA
Job Code 1: PDS.4 Lawrence Fellow Post Doc
Organization: Office of the Director
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: Not applicable
Pre-Employment Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Referral Bonus: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission.
The Lawrence Fellowship is a highly competitive postdoctoral position at LLNL that is open to all technical disciplines. Fellows are free to pursue their own independent research agenda with subject matter experts who provide guidance and mentorship. Fellowships are awarded to candidates with exceptional talent, scientific track records, and potential for significant achievements. Details of the fellowship may be found at http://fellowship.llnl.gov
Applicants need to submit CV, research impact statement of 3-4 sentences, research proposal of no more than 6 pages, three references for letters of recommendation, and transcripts. Once you submit your application, you can go back and make updates. All application updates and attachments should be submitted by October 1, 2022.
In this role you will
• Conduct research and/or development outlined in your research proposal in one or more of the following areas: Atmospheric Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoscience, Energy, Lasers, Material Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
• Pursue independent research interests with exceptional scientists both internal and external to the Laboratory.
• Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences seminars and/or technical meetings.
• Review research progress with the Laboratory's Directed Research and Development Program.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• PhD in a relevant scientific field.
• Demonstrated creativity, exceptional ability, and proven accomplishments in applicant's area of specialization through peer-review publication and presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a research project that is impactful to national security or society.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication to their technical peers and to a broad interdisciplinary audience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of extension to a maximum of three years. Eligible candidates are those who have been awarded a PhD at time of hire date.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
• Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
• Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
• Comprehensive https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/benefits
• Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
• Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/events-resources
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
None required. However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.) For additional information, please see https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0472.2-BOrder-chg2-pgchg
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/accessibility
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/privacy-statement
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://apptrkr.com/3299328
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.