Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by investing in its innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customer’s products - whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions to over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability goals, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.
Axalta is seeking Scientists and Sr. Scientists to join us at one of our Technology sites. Vacancies are available in the following locations:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Mount Clemens, MI
- High Point, NC
- Huntsville, AL
The successful candidate could have the opportunity to work in any one of our technical teams, including:
- Color Science
- Analytical & Weathering
- BS/MS/PhD Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge of product design and formulation.
- Demonstrated ability to get results, perform efficient experiments to identify issues, develop relationships and validate results.
- Knowledge of design of experiment (DOE) techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), problem solving capabilities, and the ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to bring a strategic perspective to complicated issues, with a data-based approach and analysis tools.
Axalta’s Scientists / Sr. Scientists are responsible for developing high performance coatings for the Mobility, Refinish, and General Industrial markets. General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead technical programs related to product development and/or customer support in a team environment.
- Have knowledge of resins, cross linkers, additives, and/or pigments.
- Is responsible for development and implementation of new product formulations, including initial definition with the customer, scale-up with manufacturing and optimization of performance at the customer site.
- Work as an active member of cross functional project teams with Manufacturing, Product Management, IT and Sales.
- Applies statistical methods to investigate problems and analyze results.
- Organize objectives, set milestones and deliver results against aggressive timelines.
- Interact with others in R&D and/or Sales and Marketing to propose new projects targeted to provide growth opportunities in traditional and adjacent markets.
Specific responsibilities may vary based off each individual role.