Research Chemists are responsible for invention, design, synthesis, and preliminary performance evaluations of polymers with unique performance characteristics which meet or exceed constantly evolving application requirements for Lubrizol Additives.
Successful candidates will have the capacity to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary teams consisting of chemists, process development engineers, formulators, and business and marketing representatives.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal) are essential. Candidates should have (or will soon complete) a Ph.D. in chemistry. Postdoctoral and/or Industrial experience is a plus but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Invent, design, characterize and develop new polymers
• Develop structure-performance relationships
• Perform independent research in a multidisciplinary environment on complex issues
• Utilize advanced chemical knowledge, data, modelling and statistics to solve technical challenges
• Work with business teams and/or customers to develop innovative new technology
• Document, interpret and communicate results to colleagues, sponsors and customers
• Follow safe laboratory practices
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Ph.D. in chemistry or polymer science (Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is considered a plus)
• Experience in the synthesis and characterization of organic and polymeric compounds
• Track record of innovative thinking and accomplishments
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Lubrizol Additives produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel.