As a Testing Chemist, you will provide technical support of test methods that evaluate lubricant properties and performance. This role is in the Testing Division’s Blend Test Services (BTS) department that supports Lubrizol Additives in product development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strong technical support to a technician staff responsible for running a variety of testing methods that evaluate lubricant performance and characteristics. The test methods include a variety of industry methods such as (ASTM, CEC, ISO, etc.) as well as internally developed methods.
- Performs data analysis and test reporting.
- Provides support for quality system processes including, control charts, OOT (Out Of Tolerance) investigations and reports, ASTM cross-check data, document revisions and updates.
- Provide technical support in the development or implementation of new testing methods that meet Lubrizol’s business needs.
- Provide custom or modified testing in support of internal customer needs.
- Evaluate and improve existing testing processes resulting in cost savings, improved accuracy and/or precision of methods.
- Collaborates globally with other Lubrizol Testing Division laboratories to help ensure consistent testing processes and results across all labs.
- Maintains high ethical standards at all times and ensures quality and safety are key considerations in all activities.
- Supports and drives Safety, Operational Excellence and Cybersecurity activities.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemistry.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with analytical laboratory testing
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities based on testing needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with colleagues at multiple levels of an organization.
Considered a Plus
- Experience with quality systems (ISO9001 and ISO17025).
- Expertise with FTIR spectroscopy testing equipment and methods.
- Expertise in testing methods related to viscosity and rheological properties.
- Expertise in testing methods used for evaluating fuel properties and performance.
- Knowledge of lubricants and/or lubricant additives testing.
Lubrizol Additives produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel.