Under general guidance, execute development assignments, determinations and tests under the supervision of the manager/supervisor or in assistance to a more senior level Chemist. This role focuses specifically on sustainability projects to help the company meet its sustainability goals.
- Develop and improve chemical products used in a variety of manufacturing and mechanical systems in order to enhance processes, safety and quality in order to meet customer needs and provide sustainable solutions to application problems of moderate complexity.
- Investigate applicability of new and alternative raw materials in order to enhance performance and minimize cost and give proposals to the manager. Implement alternative raw materials in existing products.
- Design, develop, and implement specified tests and determinations, in order to answer questions and address problems of customers. Develop and perform customer requested product analysis and testing.
- Select and execute analytical tests in order to determine quantitative and qualitative composition of raw materials, formulations, competitive products and other chemical (field) samples.
- Determine performance characteristics of competitive products using physical, instrumental and wet analysis techniques.
- Clearly and orderly record all observations and data. Report results in a clear and concise manner to enhance technical exchange. Provide legal and archival documentation for patent applications.
- Develop, improve and execute test methods to enhance R&R, efficiency and field performance predictability.
- Provide technical service and knowledge to customers and sales associates based upon the chemist’s current level of expertise. Visit customers when required to assist the Commercial team.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the manufacturing process. Assist manufacturing and the quality assurance lab in solving quality and production problems.
- Train and guide more junior level chemists, lab technicians and trainees in executing routine analysis at the Development Laboratory.
- Maintain equipment glassware and workspace in order to keep them clean and well-functioning. Properly dispose of all laboratory waste. Participate in ensuring good management of laboratory equipment and storage spaces for chemicals and raw materials. Comply with housekeeping rules.
- Ensure that all equipment and machines in your area of control are managed with regards to safety, maintenance, calibration, and availability.
- Perform project work in cooperation with a variety of internal and external contacts.
This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, preferably Chemistry. Experience or background in Inorganic Chemistry is preferred.