Research ⋅ Bothell, United States
Position at Seagen
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen's dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced synthetic chemist to develop small molecule therapeutic agents and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). Key responsibilities include the design and synthesis of medicinal chemistry analogs, elaboration of natural products, and elucidation of structure-activity relationships. Additionally, the individual may have opportunities to work on other aspects of ADC platforms such as linker technology and drug carriers. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the chemistry department and be on a team that advances oncology therapeutics from concept to clinic.
- Design and safely perform experiments utilizing modern organic synthetic and analytical techniques
- Work independently, as well as a part of a larger team of chemists
- Propose synthetic routes for new analogs, identify and solve synthetic challenges
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experimental work in lab notebooks
- Prepare summaries of work for presentations, reports, and patent applications
- Provide scientific insight and effectively communicate and collaborate across a diverse research department
- Expand the capabilities of chemistry department by implementing new ideas, evaluation of chemical and biochemical methodology, and implementation of cutting-edge technologies
- A BS or MS in chemistry or related field with a strong background in organic synthesis and significant industry experience (> 4 years) in drug discovery and medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry through published work in organic methodology, medicinal chemistry, total synthesis, catalysis, or bioconjugation
- Highly proficient in modern chemistry techniques, including reaction planning, synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterization
- Strong analytical techniques in NMR and liquid phase-mass spectroscopy
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- BS or MS in Chemistry with >6 years of industrial experience in medicinal chemistry
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visitwww.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8Oaa8gfDBJdbluVxiweVJ