QH is seeking a synthetic organic chemist/polymer chemist to synthesize new materials in the area of substituted siloxane polymers. Experience in hydrosilylation and equilibration chemistry preferred. The candidate will lead, design and implement projects with business and technical leaders globally within our organization.
Autonomously and independently manage and execute development assignments, determinations and tests. Provide guidance and oversight to junior level Chemists and Technicians.
- Address complex customer problems by independently developing and improving chemical products used in a variety of manufacturing and mechanical systems in order to enhance processes, safety and quality in order to meet customer needs and provide solutions to application problems. Take pricing, timing and priority setting into consideration.
- Investigate applicability of new and alternative raw materials in order to enhance performance and minimize cost. Evaluate and implement alternative raw materials in existing products.
- Design, develop, and implement specified tests and determinations, in order to answer questions and address problems of customers. Develop and perform customer requested product analysis and testing.
- Independently select and execute analytical tests in order to determine quantitative and qualitative composition of raw materials, formulations, competitive products and other chemical (field) samples.
- Determine performance characteristics of competitive products using physical, instrumental and wet analysis techniques.
- Clearly and orderly record all observations and data. Report results in a clear and concise manner to enhance technical exchange. Provide legal and archival documentation for patent applications.
- Develop, improve and execute test methods to enhance R&R, efficiency and field performance predictability.
- Provide technical service and knowledge to customers and sales associates based upon the chemist’s current level of expertise. Visit customers when required to assist the Commercial team, develop and deliver presentations, and engage in discussions on complex matters of significance with customers.
- Partner with manufacturing in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the manufacturing process. Assist manufacturing and the quality assurance lab in solving quality and production problems.
- Train and oversee more junior level chemists, lab technicians and trainees in executing routine analysis at the Development Laboratory. Deliver internal trainings for new hires or employees when needed.
- Maintain equipment glassware and workspace in order to keep them clean and well-functioning. Properly dispose of all laboratory waste. Participate in ensuring good management of laboratory equipment and storage spaces for chemicals and raw materials. Comply with housekeeping rules.
- Ensure that all equipment and machines in your area of control are managed with regards to safety, maintenance, calibration, and availability.
- Perform project work in cooperation with a variety of internal and external contacts. Lead internal projects as needed.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, preferably Chemistry.
7+ years related chemistry experience required with good knowledge of the company’s products. Equivalent combination of education (minimum bachelor’s degree) and experience will be considered.
A good command of the English language is mandatory. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software and Database software.
Position holder has good communication skills and has interest and ability in working at a team and cooperates well at various levels in the organization.
Position holder is characterized by the following competencies: analytical skills, service oriented, takes initiative, is well organized and flexible.