Research ⋅ Bothell, United States
Position at Seagen
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen's dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative senior scientist to join the Therapeutic Discovery Research group and assist in developing innovative technologies to advance antibody-based therapeutics. The role requires a high level of technical competence at the interface of organic chemistry and chemical biology. A background in synthetic organic chemistry, including experience in the multistep synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic chemistry method development is not required but preferred. In addition, experience with chemical biology techniques, such as enzymatic and biochemical assays, is highly preferred. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team toward the discovery and translation of novel cancer therapies.
- Evaluation of new payloads and the discovery of novel technologies to improve the therapeutic margins of antibody-based therapies for treating cancer
- Establish enzyme and biochemical assays to assess ADC activity, toxicity, and/or guide structure-activity relationships
- Design and synthesis of novel drug-linkers for targeted drug-delivery applications
- Direct projects with a high level of expertise; independently analyzes emerging datasets and strategically implements modified research plans as needed
- Mentor and develop research associates for scientific growth and career development
- Interact routinely with peers and collaborators across the research organization; communicates key findings to management and leads projects through progress gates
- Coordinate in vitro and in vivo experiments through cross-departmental interactions
- Regularly presents research, attends conferences, authors manuscripts, and interacts with legal to devise and implement IP strategies
- PhD in medicinal-chemistry related field with a strong record of accomplishments, innovation, and publications
- Demonstrated ability to pursue multidisciplinary research
- 2-5 years industry experience
- Effective written and oral presentation skills; experience authoring manuscripts or patent filings
- Ability to think critically and work cross-functionally to advance research programs
- Experience performing research at the interface of organic chemistry and chemical biology
- Experience in oncology drug development, targeted drug delivery, and/or cancer biology
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visitwww.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/zWYXrbud4Q6ELioJTbYNw