Evaluates the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances in order to determine their suitability for applications.
Responsibilities that are requirements in order to perform the job:
- Develops short to mid-term work plans and discusses/finalizes with supervisor
- Utilizes laboratory scale equipment including a variety of glassware and pressure-rated metal vessels
- Completes product development activities including experiments, preparation of samples for customer testing, and documentation to support the development of products.
- Analyzes experimental data, write reports & make recommendations.
- Initiates safety assessments (new chemical hazards assessments/process reviews)
- Tracks experimental details accurately and maintains up-to-date laboratory notebooks
- Writes/contributes to invention records as appropriate
- Applies statistics with assistance/oversight for efficient experimental plans and understands gauge error in analysis and in drawing conclusions
- Demonstrates commitment, dependability and respect with regular attendance and punctuality
- Orders chemicals and lab supplies as needed
- Provides feedback and input for procedural improvements