(1) Plan, design and perform experiments in consultation with supervisor aimed at route optimization, scale-up to the multigram level and purification of lead compounds using advanced and basic synthetic organic chemistry lab skills.
(2) Characterize the properties of compounds using spectroscopic (NMR, MS) and develop HPLC methods.
(3) Resupply compounds of interest using established and/or modified protocols as needed.
(4) Evaluate new formulations suitable for topical applications and perform stability studies.
(5) Write protocols and maintain complete and thorough lab notebook. Provide support for CMC section of IND applications
(6) Make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results
(7) Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies needed in performance of experiments
(8) Contribute ideas for new products and provide suggestions to improve protocols and techniques
(9) Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures to maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
(10) Provide written reports and protocols to supervisor