Postdoctoral Research Associates - NRC Research Associateship Programs
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- United States
- $45,000 to $94,500; may be higher based on experience
- Closing date
- Nov 11, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Biological, Environmental, Geological, Microbiological, Physical
- Work Function
- Laboratory, Research-Basic
- Job Type
- Full time
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at participating federal laboratories and affiliated institutions at locations throughout the U.S and abroad.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering. Degrees from foreign universities should be equivalent in training and research experience to a doctoral degree from a U.S. institution. Citizenship eligibility varies among the sponsoring laboratories.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication
- Access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
- Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
Awardee benefits include:
- Stipends ranging from $45,000 to $94,500; may be higher based on experience
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and a professional travel allowance
For detailed program information, to search Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s) visit www.nas.edu/rap.
Society is facing an array of complex policy questions. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine are distinctively qualified to provide nonpartisan, objective guidance for decision makers on pressing issues. As we have done since our founding in 1863, we marshal the energy and intellect of the nation’s critical thinkers to respond to policy challenges with science, engineering, and medicine at their core.
Through a meticulous process of information collection, evidence analysis, and deliberation, our studies provide blueprints for progress. By shining a spotlight on subjects and facilitating dialogue across disciplines, our work advances understanding of critical issues. The needs of the nation—and therefore the topics we study— change over time, but our commitment to putting sound advice to work for the public good does not.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert