Date: Sep 15, 2022
Location: USA: Bartlesville, OK, US, 74003
You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Chevron Phillips Chemical is seeking a Product Development Scientist to join the Research and Technology team at the Research and Technology Center in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The Product Development Scientist is responsible for providing technical support for the company’s new resin development efforts, technical service needs, as well as pilot plant and commercial plant operations. The Product Development Scientist will design and conduct studies exploring polymer structure and polymer relationship. This role provides the opportunity to share technical knowledge and work in a collaborative environment on technical solutions.
- Work with catalyst group and polymer science group to develop new resins
- Provides support to pilot plant and commercial plant operations.
- Evaluates both developmental resins and commercial resins for different applications.
- Provides industry knowledge of resin and application development.
- Advanced degree in Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Science and/or Polymer Engineering
- A Ph.D. degree with 2 years of industrial experience, or a MS. D. degree with at least 5 years of experience in polyethylene (polyolefin) processing and analysis.
- Prerequisite knowledge gained through academic studies and applied research in cast and blown films.
- Demonstrated track record of fundamental understanding of in the polymer morphology, blends, and structure-property relationship.
- Good understanding polymer characterization techniques such as GPC/SEC, FT-IR, NMR, DSC and TGA, as well as microscopy and diffraction techniques.
- Experience in other polymer processing techniques and multilayered structures.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Eligibility for Relocation: Yes
Closing Date: 10/13/2022