Matrix Sensors, Inc. is seeking a qualified person to advance our gas sensing technology. This is a fulltime position at our San Diego, CA facility. We offer full benefits and a competitive salary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- MOF thin film development, optimization and characterization
- Synthesize/modify known and new MOFs for specific sensing applications
- Porous materials characterization such as X-ray diffraction, physisorption, FTIR, TGA, SEM etc.
- Work with Engineering and the rest of the chemistry team to define MOF parameters needed to perform on sensor device, design and optimize materials which meet those specifications
- Analyze data, interpret results, develop new project directions, and develop data-driven solutions
- Document technical work in detail and present to internal and external stakeholders.
Desired skills include:
- Experience with MOF film synthesis and characterization
- Experience with sensor devices is a plus
- Experience with gas adsorption in MOFs (specifically CO2) is a plus
- Expertise in scientific analysis software and data analysis in Python, MATLAB, Maple or Mathematica
- PhD in Material Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or related discipline with an emphasis in MOF Chemistry or Engineering 3+ years of post-graduate experience working with MOFs
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of metal-organic framework synthesis, modification, processing, and testing is necessary
- Experience managing a team of researchers
- Experience managing and completing projects in a team environment
Please apply via e-mail with your resume in .pdf or .doc format, including the job title “Principal MOF Scientist”, first name, and last name in the subject line. Cover letters are optional but strongly encouraged. We review applications on a rolling basis, so apply early! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at the contact info below.
Eleanor Grudin – Operations Manager
Matrix Sensors, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law. Matrix Sensors, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy, or who cooperate in the investigation of such reports, even if the reports do not reveal any wrongdoing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Matrix Sensors, Inc. offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer