To develop a greater scientific understanding of the ACC/Seikagaku Group product line and effect changes in protocols to give greater reliability with respect to products. To develop new products revolving around the current technology and new concepts leading to new technologies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Protein Chemistry/Biochemistry including enzymology and purification The use of spectroscopic, chromatographic and molecular biological techniques Assay Development Technology transfer and scale-up Supervisory experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education required.
- Several years of experience in assay development, protein chemistry and protein purification. Additional expertise in Molecular Biology and supervisor/management experience is desired.
- Adapt and develop new technologies around the LAL system Develop projects that will enhance the scientific understanding of the current products with the goal of improvement and the introduction of new products Expand the range of products within the framework of ACC Provide the technical expertise to conceptualize and implement new research areas Provide technical support when necessary Supervise Research and Development staff
- Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities.
- Uses resources efficiently, strives to reduce cost, part of the budgeting process.
- Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills.
- Perform task with a computer. Email, research, interaction with others via the internet. Creating and editing documents typically utilizing MSOffice; word documents, spreadsheets and create a slide presentation (PowerPoint). The level of proficiency is defined by the requirements of the position held.
- Good listener, committed to finding solutions to problems, works well with difficult people.
- Works well with internal and external customer, promotes a positive image of the company, and strives to solve issues raised by customers.
- Able to reach fact based decisions, takes thoughtful approach when considering options, seeks input from others, makes difficult decisions.
Frequently sit, frequently stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Frequently reach with hands or arms, climb or balance. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently talk or listen. Occasionally taste or smell. Lift 11 – 25 lbs 34-66% of the time. Carry 11 – 25 lbs 34-66% of the time. Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions. Frequently work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally work in high places. Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally exposed to uneven surface and vibration. Moderate noise is typical for the work environment of this job.
- 401(k)/ with a company match up to 6%
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance