PURPOSE: To participate and contribute in ongoing and new projects in the Research Department, specifically the recombinant chromogenic test, as well as general responsibilities within the department. To work within the Quality System as necessary. To work with Research to provide data and logistical support for the development of a recombinant chromogenic product as well as ongoing projects and production support.
To assist in the development of a greater understanding of the recombinant product and product potential and to effect changes in protocols to provide greater reliability and robustness with respect to the recombinant chromogenic product. Additionally, the research assistant will provide technical assistance to support testing and method development for the new recombinant product. The individual will also execute testing and analysis on a routine basis for investigations.
- To perform analytical methods, including PAGE and protein determinations and general laboratory work To manufacture specific materials for the recombinant chromogenic reagent project To prepare LAL formulations as needed and perform LAL tests/assays as part of Research projects To perform other assays and procedures such as enzyme activity assays To become proficient with new techniques as required Write SOPs and reports and prepare other paperwork as necessary, especially as related to the Quality System To obtain project management experience Use of various laboratory equipment for routine analyses Operation of laboratory equipment using appropriate software
- Designing and carrying out experimental protocols.
- Following SOPs in a GMP environment.
- Maintain records in accordance with Quality Assurance Guidelines.
- Preparation of Research Reports.
- Ability to interpret results from lab tests.
- Conduct performance and analysis evaluations of competitive products.
- Maintain supplies inventory and order items when needed.
- Proper operation, standardization & maintenance of lab equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good base knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry and biology Thorough training and significant experience in standard concepts, practices and procedures within the LAL field as well as general laboratory techniques Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management as necessary and function well as a team member
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A BSc, BA, MSc or MA degree in chemistry, biology or biochemistry is required 5 years experience in an appropriate GMP laboratory setting working as a team member Good communication skills both written and oral
- Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities.
- Able to follow protocols and execute basic chemical and biological techniques.
- Uses resources efficiently, strives to reduce cost, part of the budgeting process.
- Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills.
- Perform task with a computer. Email, research, interaction with others via the internet. Creating and editing documents typically utilizing MSOffice; word documents, spreadsheets and create a slide presentation (PowerPoint). The level of proficiency is defined by the requirements of the position held.
- Good listener, committed to finding solutions to problems, works well with difficult people.
- Works well with internal and external customer, promotes a positive image of the company, and strives to solve issues raised by customers.
- Able to reach fact based decisions, takes thoughtful approach when considering options, seeks input from others, makes difficult decisions.
Ability to work in a laboratory environment in a safe manner, following all company safety requirements. This includes working with equipment or instruments which have moving mechanical parts, contain potentially harmful chemicals and generate noise or vibrations.
- 401(k)/ with a company match up to 6%
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance