Chemical and Biological Engineering - Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, in the College of Engineering at Iowa State University (ISU), invites applications for the position of a full-time (nine-month) term teaching faculty at any rank. Successful candidates will be expected to provide high quality instruction in undergraduate chemical engineering courses, including lecture and laboratory courses, as well as curriculum coordination and other responsibilities related to the teaching mission of the university such as committee work and mentoring of undergraduate students. Candidates should have strong communication skills and share our commitment to enhancing excellence through diversity and inclusion.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering is committed to sustaining a collegial, positive, and productive environment for each individual and the collective benefit of all. All faculty members are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior within department, college, and university activities.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or related discipline and 5 years of relevant work experience. Or Master's degree in chemical engineering or related discipline and 3 years of relevant work experience. Or Doctoral degree in chemical engineering or related discipline.
- Associate Teaching Professor candidates must also meet the university standards for appointment to the rank, including significant experience/accomplishments in engineering education
- Full Teaching Professor candidates must also meet the university standards for appointment to the rank, including significant experience/accomplishments in engineering education
- Teaching experience in chemical engineering
- Industrial experience in chemical engineering
- Evidence of collaboration and leadership in engineering education
Department/Program & College Description:
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE) offers B.S, MEng, M.S., and Ph.D. degree programs in chemical engineering. CBE has an undergraduate enrollment of approximately 400 students, and it demonstrates a commitment to diversity among faculty, staff, and students who can enrich University objectives in the areas of research, teaching, and service.
For more information about our department’s engineering program, see cbe.iastate.edu
Proposed Start Date: August 16, 2023
Proposed End Date or Length of Term: May 15, 2024
Number of Months Employed Per Year: 09 Month Work Period
Time Type: Full time
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. However, to receive full consideration, applications should be received by Monday, November 28th, 2022.
To apply for this position, please apply online at https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Chemical-and-Biological-Engineering---Assistant-Associate-Full-Teaching-Professor_R9850
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
4) Other Documents
- One-page teaching statement
- One-page statement of experiences promoting diversity and inclusion, which could include advocacy, support, study, and experience with individuals and issues outside of the candidate's personal background
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
About Iowa State University and the Ames Community
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive and is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. Almost 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff. The College of Engineering consists of eight departments with annual research expenditures exceeding $105 million.
Iowa State University is located in Ames, IA, a progressive community of 66,000, located approximately 30 minutes north of Des Moines, one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the Midwest, and is beaming with community pride and accolades.
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Iowa State University and the College of Engineering are responsive to the needs of dual-career couples and are dedicated to work-life balance through an array of flexible work policies.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work-life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
- Retirement benefits, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans; Generous leave plans; Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa); Life insurance and long-term disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; Various voluntary benefits and discounts; Employee Assistance Program; Wellbeing program.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and my include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515-294-7612, email email@example.com
Job Requisition Number: R9850