UF Scripps Biomedical Research in Jupiter, Florida is actively hiring at all levels and across multiple fields of basic and translational research in areas including chemistry, neuroscience, immunology, microbiology, structural biology, drug discovery, information sciences, and enabling technologies.
UF Scripps Biomedical Research has exceptional resources to support your high-impact science:
- An outstanding bicoastal Scripps Research graduate program ranked in the top-10 nationally for both chemistry and biological sciences
- A vibrant and collaborative scientific environment
- Extensive bicoastal and cross-state collaborations with Scripps Research in California and the University of Florida, encouraged with seed funding and newly installed virtual classroom and conference facilities
- Easy, encouraged on-campus collaborations among chemists and biologists
- New, fully equipped, open-access laboratory space
- State-of-the-art core facilities, including those in genomics, proteomics, histology, structural biology (cryoEM, crystallography and NMR) and a world-class, high-throughput molecular screening center
- Faculty-centered governance and administration
- Family-friendly environment that offers high quality of life with excellent schools, beautiful beaches and easy commutes
UF Scripps is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to working and teaching in a diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We also welcome applications from individuals who may have had nontraditional career paths.
Candidates must have a PhD, MD or equivalent in a relevant discipline, and an outstanding record of research that demonstrates originality in addressing significant questions. Successful candidates will be expected to establish an active research group, be an interactive member of the faculty, and participate in interdisciplinary research and training.
Successful applicants will have a strong scientific program; experience in, and a commitment to, teaching and mentoring graduate students from diverse backgrounds; a corresponding commitment to diversity and equity, and to inter- and intra-campus collaborations.
Applications should be submitted through http://apply.interfolio.com/113762 and include:
1) a cover letter
2) a curriculum vitae
3) a research plan
4) a statement of commitment to diversity*
5) the names of three referees. Please include email and phone number.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will close December 15, 2022. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UF Scripps Biomedical Research is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. UF Scripps invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.