Assistant Professor in Organic Chemistry
Chemistry and Environmental Science
The Department Chair
The Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science (CES) at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in organic chemistry, broadly defined, starting in the Fall of 2023.
CES is within the College of Science and Liberal Arts and is committed to exceptional core education in liberal arts and excellence in research and scholarship. Many resources, facilities, and collaboration opportunities exist within the Department, College, University, and neighboring institutions. Competitive salary, startup funds, and laboratory space will be provided.
NJIT is an R1 research university conveniently located in the New York metropolitan area with over 12,000 students, is continuing to build internationally recognized programs in chemistry and environmental sciences. CES (chemistry.njit.edu) offers degrees in Chemistry (BS, MS, and PhD), Biochemistry (BS), Pharmaceutical Chemistry (MS), Cell and Gene Therapy Sciences (PMS), Environmental Science (BS, MS, and Ph.D.), and Forensic Science (BS).
- Establish an active externally funded research program.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Science.
- Conduct research; engage in scholarly activities such as publishing papers in scientific journals and presenting work at conferences and educational institutions; pursue funding; supervise and guide graduate and undergraduate students and postdoctoral scientists in research.
- Participate in service activities within the Department, the College, the University, and the Profession.
- The candidate should have a track record in teaching, discovering, applying, and integrating knowledge in the area of Organic Chemistry. Areas of interest include bioorganic, medicinal, and pharmaceutical chemistry.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry or a closely related field and relevant postdoctoral research experience are required.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please visit www.njit.jobs and submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, maximum of a five-page description of research plans, a one-page description of teaching interests, and contact information of at least three references. The review of applications will begin on Nov. 1, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries can be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional positions available in our Department are posted at http://jobs.njit.edu
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3510513
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.