Assistant Professor in Chemistry
- The University of Texas at Tyler, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Tyler, Texas
- Commensurate with experience.
- Closing date
- Dec 3, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Laboratory, Research-Applied, Research-Basic, Teaching-Graduate, Teaching-Undergraduate
- Job Type
- Full time
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach graduate and undergraduate students
- Research responsibilities
- Service to the Department and the University
- Ph.D. with specialization in Physical chemistry
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Ability to establish and maintain an independent research program involving undergraduate and graduate students
About the University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler, is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 13 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests. Providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. We also offer instructional sites at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and in Palestine, Longview, and Houston.
With more than 80 bachelor's, master's, and doctorial degree programs offered, UT Tyler provides a wealth of learning opportunities and dynamic programs.
For more information, please visit https://www.uttyler.edu/about/.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The position is security- sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51 215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information. Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert