Purification Technology Engineer - Winchester, KY (On-site)
Responsible for the development of innovative process technologies. Supports efforts to maximize asset utilization and operational efficiency by assisting manufacturing sites with troubleshooting, cost reduction and introduction of new products and process technologies. Assists with the direction of or participates on project teams within the PMP process. Plans bench, pilot and production scale trials and utilizes results in support of projects.
Purification Technology provides engineering/technical support for three major functions:
1) Manufacturing Support and Process Development geared towards three goals: Cost reduction. Continuous improvement. Trouble-shooting.
2) Process and Product Development, including, but not limited to: Design and scale-up of new processes Testing of new equipment and new technologies Technology transfer to Manufacturing
3) Project Management: Manage all stages of a project from idea phase to implementation.
- Design and conduct laboratory and pilot-scale experiments to evaluate new purification technologies, optimize existing technologies, and/or perform process development work for new products.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and effectively communicate data from lab and pilot-scale experiments.
- Analyze new technologies for process robustness, safety issues, and waste generation.
- Manage or participates on projects according to the PMP process
- Lend expertise to the manufacturing sites and other groups as needed.
- Research new innovative technologies and summarize findings.
- Support team as needed with analytical work.
- Support team in coordinating, scheduling, and running experiments at outside facilities.
- Recommend improvements to Improved Plant for new or existing production technology.
- Assist in scale-up of processes to production scale and help troubleshoot scale-up issues.
- Lead or assist in writing technical transfer package and help the team qualify new processes at production scale.
- Assist in preparation of Business Case Analyses for Pilot or Plant site changes.
- Assist in preparing Business Needs Memo in support of new large projects.
- Work with other functions to ensure execution of experiments on a timely manner.
- Coordinate sampling and shipping of samples to external contract labs
- Maintain supplies, notebooks and records.
- Demonstrate and use scientific methods in experimental designs.
- Apply technical concepts and experience to specific assignments.
- Organize data and observations into reports for management.
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve goals and objectives.
- Provide technical information to customers when applicable.
- A competitive compensation package, with comprehensive health and welfare benefits.
- A place to grow and develop.
- A company that is purpose-led and performance-driven in a corporate culture that values people and planet.
- The opportunity to work on growing brands and build on a strong foundation.
- The chance to make improvements and make an impact on the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of related industry experience.
- Previous experience in a GMP biotech/pharmaceutical/food environment helpful.
- Knowledge of DOE and proficiency in Minitab is preferred but not required.
- Requires broad knowledge of engineering theories, concepts and practices with the ability to use these in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- Requires an advanced level of computer literacy, basic data entry skill with spreadsheet programs and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Access).
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to make decision on own when applicable or defer to manager when necessary on assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to adjust workload to meet varying schedules.
- Requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for manufacturing or quality support, technical consultation and training
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.