JOB SUMMARY: Garden State Laboratories, Inc. is seeking a full-time Organics Department Manager who will report to the Operations Manager located in the Hillside, NJ Laboratory. The Organics Department Manager will be responsible for all aspects of laboratory management in organics as it relates to supervising analysts in all aspects of sample preparation and analysis. Researching new methods, preparing SOPS, ordering supplies, preparing laboratory documentation records, assisting in analysis of select procedures, reviewing completed results and troubleshooting for all department analytical equipment
ABOUT US: At Garden State Laboratories, Inc., we contribute to the protection of public health and safety. We have been a leader in environmental testing for more than 75 years. Our certified laboratories located in Union and Ocean counties are equipped for microbiology and chemistry testing of drinking water, private wells, recreational bathing water, wastewater, and solid/hazardous wastes for all of New Jersey. Our satellite offices in Hunterdon and Sussex counties, along with a fleet of field samplers, provides unparalleled sampling techniques and sample pick up services for clients.
- Coordinating laboratory analyses
- Supervising in-house chain-of-custody
- Scheduling sample analyses
- Overseeing data review
- Overseeing preparation of analytical reports
- Performing an Annual Management System Review
- Certifying personnel with appropriate educational and/or technical background perform all tests for which the laboratory is accredited
- Monitoring standards of performance in quality control and quality assurance
- Monitoring the validity of the analyses performed and data generated in the laboratory to assure reliable data
- Ensuring that enough qualified personnel are employed to perform the work of the laboratory
- Performing a final review of all analytical results before they are released for printing
- Training newly employed personnel to perform the assigned duties
- Generating & updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the department
- Troubleshoot and maintain/direct maintenance for all department analytical equipment
- Degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or environmental science from an accredited institution.
- Have at least one year of laboratory experience in the chemical analysis of drinking water, non-potable water, solid and chemical materials, air and/or emissions.
- Have at least six months experience or a formal training course certification for GC and GC/MS instrumental techniques being practiced for the analysis of drinking water, non-portal water, solid, and chemical materials, air and/or emissions.
- Meeting the NJDEP criteria for this position is required.
- Must be familiar with the following methods: EPA 504.1, 505, 524.1, 608.3, 624.1 and 625.1.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining/direct maintenance for all department analytical equipment is a plus
- Direct TNI knowledge is a plus.
WHY JOIN US? At Garden State Laboratories, caring about the well-being of our employees’ sustainability and growth is what our family-owned business stand by. Garden State Laboratories, Inc. is a great place to work, employees join our team, and they stay. We are committed to providing an atmosphere of development and training for our employees. We offer competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, EAP, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off, and a flexible work schedule. Here at Garden State Laboratories, Inc. our culture is family, we promote a diversified and inclusive work environment.