Would you like to take part in the green transition by developing electrolysis and Power-to-X (PtX) plants for the next generation of the green energy system? Then this position as Tenure Track Assistant Professor may be the opportunity for you to join one of today’s pioneering research areas.
DTU Wind and Energy Systems invites applicants for a position as Tenure Track Assistant Professor in process plant modelling and control within electrolysis and other PtX-applications. You will be part of our Section for Power-to-X and Storage in the Division for Power and Energy Systems. The PtX-technology covers electrolysers, fuel cells, ammonia and synthetic fuel production, etc.
We offer a vibrant, welcoming, and diverse environment with an international atmosphere, encouraging creativity, empathy, team working, superb academic collaborations, and outstanding links to the front-running Danish energy sector.
Responsibilities and qualifications
In this position you will conduct research and teaching in the fields of process modelling and control for PtX-plants and its energy system integration, e.g. in relation to energy islands. You will work closely with colleagues in a fast-developing team, that is involved in a large number of PtX research activities and with good relations with leading industrial actors.
Your overall focus will be to contribute to develop the our growing competences within PtX. Your primary tasks will be to:
- Conduct research in process modelling and control within PtX-applications
- Be active in our development of experimental facilities and tools related to PtX testing, modelling, control and energy system integration
- Prepare and teach relevant courses within areas related to your expertise
- Supervise BSc and MSc as well as PhD students and contribute to other educational activities
- Attracting funding for your research with support from the department
- Build collaborations with academics within and outside DTU, and with private and public sector experts
We expect you to have experience within control and modelling of complex industrial processes and/or plants, and an academic background in control, mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering - or other relevant field.
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching Research excellence Research vision and potential International impact and experience Societal impact Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills Communication skills
Further information may be obtained from the Head of Section, Associate Prof. Chresten Træholt, Email: email@example.com
You can read more about the Department of Wind and Energy Systems at www.wind.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 6 February 2023 (Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply: DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Process Plant Modelling and Control (PtX)