Postdoc in machine learning for enzymology at DTU Biosustain
- DTU Biosustain
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden (DK)
- Closing date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Biochemical, Biological, Computers / Computational / Informatics, Engineering
- Work Function
- Research-Applied, Teaching-Graduate
- Job Type
Are you establishing your career as a scientist and looking for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your ambitions? At the Enzyme Engineering and Structural Biology (EE&SB) research group of DTU Biosustain you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growing interdisciplinary field of machine learning in enzymology. We are probing what’s possible by combining machine-learning methods with custom experimental datasets generated in house to explore the enzymatic space for sustainable industrial applications.
If you are interested in using enzymes to increase our society’s sustainability, perhaps you are our new postdoc. As a postdoc in EE&SB you will:
- Have the opportunity to define your project within our frame to fit your own research interests
- Supervise younger students
- Go to international conferences to promote your work
- Be an active member of EE&SB and contribute to many ongoing projects
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your work will focus on developing methods to predict and design the reactivity, substrate scope, and stability of enzymes of the glycosyltransferase type. You will be responsible for driving and disseminating your own research within this frame, as well as for supervising junior colleagues.
We are looking for a candidate who are highly motivated, self-driven and have demonstrated excellence in their previous work.
- Lead your research guided by your supervisors
- Disseminate your research results in academic publications, scientific conferences, and patents as relevant.
- Supervise junior students Be an active and collaborative member of our research group
- Develop algorithms for predicting and designing enzymatic properties
- Optionally, generate laboratory data to train and validate your algorithms
- Scientific curiosity and ambition
- Coding skills Preferably experience in machine learning (for biology), or other in silico biology methods
- A publication record
- Laboratory experience is an advantage
- English skills in speech and writing are an advantage
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The period of employment is 2 years. The preferred starting date is May 1st, 2023, or according to our mutual agreement. The position is full time.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Ditte Hededam Welner, email@example.com, +4593513498
You can read more about
- DTU Biosustain at www.biosustain.dtu.dk
- Enzyme Engineering & Structural Biology at www.biosustain.dtu.dk/research/research-groups/enzyme-engineering-and-structural-biology
- Loschmidt Laboratories loschmidt.chemi.muni.cz/peg/
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 13 February 2023 (Danish time).
Apply at: Postdoc in machine learning for enzymology
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD – in English)
- List of publications
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Biosustain is an interdisciplinary research centre that develops new knowledge and technology to support the production of bio-chemicals using microbial production hosts or enzymatic processes.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,400 students and 5,800 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert