- Blinn College
- Bryan, Texas
- Closing date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
1. Assembles, maintains and takes down equipment set-ups for laboratory activities
2. Assists the dean, assistant deans and department heads in preparing lists of needed equipment and supplies, projects needed maintenance and repairs of equipment and requests price quotations for purchases.
3. Prepares requisitions for purchase of laboratory items, receives delivery of purchases, maintains current inventories of equipment and supplies and indicates receipt of items on requests for payment.
4. Maintains records of all hazardous biological, chemical and other materials received and produced as wastes and will arrange for proper disposal of all hazardous wastes.
5. Inspects all safety and emergency equipment and supplies in compliance with fire, safety and hazardous waste regulations.
6. Inspects and assures cleanliness of labs, equipment and glassware
7. Assists the faculty in knowing current safety information, including new regulations
8. Assists faculty in developing a schedule of laboratory activities, including their service in the Open Science Laboratory prior to the beginning of each semester and maintains an ongoing dialogue with the faculty
9. Assists faculty in trouble-shooting equipment and chemical solutions
10. Submits work orders for HVAC, IT and facility repairs / maintenance
11. Maintain chemistry laboratories
12. Maintain chemical stock solutions
13. Maintain inventories of consumable items
14. Trains and supervises student workers involved in completion of the above tasks
15. Performs other related tasks as assigned
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert