The Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences (BCLS) at the University at Buffalo (UB) is seeking outstanding applicants for a full-time (12-month)tenure-track faculty position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor. The Department of BCLS offers undergraduate programs in Medical Technology and Biotechnology and a graduate program in Biotechnology. Successful applicants will complement existing research strengths in the department, including, but not limited to,Clinical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Neuroscience and Molecular Biology. The successful candidate is expected to develop and maintain a productive, extramurally funded,research program involving a diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students. Teaching responsibilities will be in the areas of fundamental Human Biochemistry and in Separation Sciences including chromatography, electrophoresis and protein isolation and purification techniques.
This is a full-time tenure track position for a candidate with the potential to develop, anactive program of funded research.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our
About the Department:
The Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences is one of the academic units in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. There are well-established research programs and excellent facilities available within the Department and School. The Department offers a BS in Medical Technology, a BS in Biotechnology and a MS in Biotechnology.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the
University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Clinical Chemistry, Biotechnology, or related discipline
- A record of excellence in research and peer-reviewed scientific publications
- A commitment to teaching, advising, mentoring, and supervising undergraduate and graduate research with a diverse population of students
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- A history of extramurally funded research
- Record of peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Experience in teaching, advising, mentoring, and supervising undergraduate and graduate research projects
- Teaching experience in fundamental human Biochemistry and a strong background in separation science (HPLC, GC, LC-MS and protein isolation and purification techniques) and enzymology
- Clinical laboratory experience and/or National certification in Medical Laboratory Science such as American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)