Assistant Professor of Science - Biochemistry
- Trine University
- Angola, Indiana
- Full-time, faculty-line salary commiserate with experience.
- Closing date
- May 2, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Biochemical, Education
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
The Department of Science at Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in science at the Assistant Professor rank beginning August 2023. A Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, or biology is required. We seek a trained biochemist whose primary teaching responsibility will include biochemistry and introductory science courses. Faculty may also be assigned advanced courses in their area of expertise. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will be expected to participate in campus culture, contribute to a highly collaborative department, participate in small-scale undergraduate research, and advise and mentor students.
The Department of Science at Trine University is a part of the Rinker Ross School of Health Sciences, and offers B.S. degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, and forensic science. The department is located in Best Hall of Science that expanded into a $6.6 million, 26,000 square-foot addition in fall of 2016. That addition included new anatomy and physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, organic, and physical/inorganic chemistry laboratories as well as space for student research. In the upcoming fall of 2023, Best Hall of Science will be expanding into another $16 million, 36,000 square-foot addition. This addition includes new physical/inorganic chemistry laboratories, quantitative/instrumental chemistry laboratories, a collaborative learning classroom, faculty offices, and renovated molecular biology and biochemistry laboratories. The department is well equipped with modern instrumentation including two Anatomage tables, a Synergy HTX multi-more plate reader, BSL-II microbiology teaching lab, inverted and fluorescent microscopes, a genetics facility (nanodrop, genetic analyzer, thermocycler, and electroporator), and numerous chemistry analytical instrumentation.
Application materials including, a detailed curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
A Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, or biology is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Full-time, faculty-line salary and benefit schedule.
Trine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our great nation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert