Assistant Academic Dean - Physical Sciences
- Blinn College
- Brenham, Texas
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Apr 20, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Geological, Physical
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
Serves as the district Assistant Academic Dean for the Physical Sciences, including Chemistry, Geology, and Physics, for all Blinn Campuses (Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, Sealy, and Distance Education) and provides assistance and leadership to the Academic Dean in developing and maintaining curriculum and programs that respond to service area needs. Additionally, promotes activities, strategies, and processes that prepare students for success while meeting the requirements of all internal and external accreditation entities. Helps lead the instructional areas within their division in planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
1. Ensure that faculty members follow College’s policies and procedures.
2. Assist with the interview process, along with the Dean and search committee.
3. Assist and support new faculty hires in obtaining all required credentialing documents prior to start date; work with HR regarding ensuring receipt of proper employment and hiring documentation.
4. Evaluate full-time and part-time faculty in conjunction with the Academic Dean and Department Heads.
5. Actively participate in meetings, committee assignments, and initiatives to meet College goals
6. Monitor Division’s annual budgets.
7. Collaborate with dean, curriculum resource team (CRT), and other stakeholders to develop new or to improve current programs; when necessary work with Dean, Department Head, CRT and administrative staff to develop plans for degree program phase-out
8. Mediate student conflicts and prepare appropriate forms
9. Maintain appropriate documentation for the instructional division
10. Assist in preparation of semester schedules
11. Oversee faculty absence and substitution reports
12. Support faculty professional development requirements
13. Provide guidance and progressive discipline when needed and develop performance improvement plans when necessary.
14. Visit instructors’ classes including off-site locations, as needed.
15. Assist the Dean in regular Division meetings
16. Assist the Dean and Department Heads in maintaining classroom equipment within the Division
17. Assist the Dean in collection of information needed for division’s annual plans and program review.
18. Assist the Dean and work with Department Heads in grade change process, class add/drops, cancellation of classes, and student follow-up/tracking, as required
19. Administer with the Dean, Department Head, and Academic Affairs support staff online and Quality Matters approval and re-approval process
20. Facilitate a reliable assessment procedure for the division and ensure decisions are implemented, complied, and disseminated
21. Work with Dean, Academic Affairs, and IRE staff in maintaining appropriate division record keeping for SACSCOC reporting
22. Monitor dual-credit classes as applicable
23. Assist with recruitment of faculty and students
24. Accept other duties as assigned
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert