Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry
- Tuskegee University
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee Institute
- Commensurate with education, training and experience
- Closing date
- May 22, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Teaching-Graduate, Teaching-Undergraduate
- Job Type
- Full time
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- The applicant's primary responsibility will be teaching undergraduate analytical chemistry, upper-level analytical lecture and laboratory courses, and teaching introductory chemistry courses
- The successful candidate is expected to establish a strong independent research group in analytical chemistry, including supervision and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students, and be able to develop collaborations with researchers in the Department of Chemistry, other departments, and research centers at Tuskegee University, and neighboring federal laboratories.
- · Completion of a PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related discipline prior to starting this appointment is required;
- · The ability to deliver engaging and high-quality instruction in analytical chemistry courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- · A commitment to conducting research with graduate (MS) and undergraduate students;
- · Postdoctoral research experience (1 to 2 years)
- · Record of seeking extramural research support evidenced by proposal submission and/or receipt of funding awards;
- · Record of successful teamwork in a collaborative environment; and
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Tuskegee University is an independent and state related institution of higher education. The academic programs are organized into five colleges: The Colleges of Agriculture and Environmental Scineces, Business and Information Science, Liberal Arts and Education, ENgineering, Architecture and Pysical Science and Veterinary Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health. Tuskegee enrolls more than 3000 students and employs approximately 900 faculty and support personnel. Physical facilities include more than 5,000 acres of forestry and campus on which sit more than 100 major buildings and structure.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert