- Louisiana School for Math, Science & the Arts
- Natchitoches, Louisiana
- depends on experience
- Closing date
- Apr 22, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
LSMSA seeks applicants for Chemistry Instructor (Available August 2023)
The Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts, a 2020 National Blue Ribbon School and rated #1 2023 Best Public High School Teachers in Louisiana according to Niche.com, is a selective admission, residential high school for Louisiana’s gifted and high-achieving students.
This is a full-time, ten-month position. Multiple benefits offered along with competitive salary include state sponsored health, life and retirement plans, University of Louisiana tuition discounts for faculty and their families along with many others.
The successful applicant’s primary responsibility will be to teach high-aptitude sophomores, juniors, and seniors in a small class setting. Teaching assignments will include introductory chemistry and laboratories as well as the possibility of electives in organic chemistry, engineering, applied chemistry, or the candidate’s area of chemistry expertise. Typical teaching load is 15 contact hours per semester. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate must be innovative, willing to guide and tutor students, and adhere to an office hours schedule.
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Interest in working with bright young people Academic Advising Sponsoring, chaperoning, or assisting extra-curricular and student social activities outside the normal school day. Professional Development
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related field Evidence of two years teaching experience and/or professional activity. Teaching certificate not required
- Ph.D. in Chemistry Five or more years of teaching experience.
To apply, please submit to Employment@LSMSA.edu,
- letter of application resume or CV of education and experience contact information for three professional references statement of teaching philosophy transcript from final degree granting institution our application form available at our website.
LSMSA is committed to equal employment opportunity. LSMSA will not discriminate against, nor tolerate discrimination against, any employee or applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, citizenship, or age. This policy applies to all personnel action including recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, termination, recreational and social programs, and professional contracts.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert