- Goldbelt Inc
- Working from home
- Up to $180,000 per year
- Closing date
- May 30, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Development-Process, Development-Product, Health / Safety, Laboratory, Research-Applied, Research-Basic
- Job Type
- Full time
Goldbelt C6 offers research and development, engineering, and logistics services that enhance and enlarge customers' operations. C6's expertise is focused on integrating C6ISR and scientific, engineering, and technical support for various government partners. The experts at C6 are research and data-driven and ready to create custom solutions.
Seeking Toxicologists in the areas of the development and evaluation of emerging toxicological methods and new technologies, and incorporates these methods and technologies into regulatory review, as applicable. One of the development areas focuses on increasing the agency’s toxicology predictive capabilities that can potentially reduce the use of animal testing. The agency is responsible for the safety of the nation's domestically produced and imported foods, cosmetics, drugs, biologics, medical devices, radiological products, and tobacco products. The purpose of this effort is to obtain peer review and scientific support to evaluate, analyze, and review the Expanded Decision Tree to ensure that it is scientifically sound and suitable for prioritization of chemicals for further evaluation and safety assessment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have the ability to evaluate the applicability, limitations, relevance, reliability, reproducibility, and/or sensitivity of newly developed tools to confirm that they are fit for purpose.
- Must have the ability to work with Expanded Decision Tree (EDT) that can classify compounds with broad structural variation according to their chronic oral toxic potential and predict safe levels of intake.
- Must have ability to access safety and assess risk of compounds found in and imported foods, cosmetics, drugs, biologics, medical devices, radiological products, and tobacco products.
- Possess the ability to focus on the development areas on increasing the agency’s toxicology predictive capabilities that can potentially reduce the use of animal testing.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a structure-toxicity expert.
- Have an advanced understanding of metabolism (a minimum of one semester coursework (3 credits) on metabolism and/or work experience related to metabolism).
- Possess a good working knowledge of organic chemistry and the IUPAC Systematic Approach to Nomenclature.
- Have an expert working knowledge of the Cramer et al. (1978) Decision Tree (Cramer, G. M., Ford, R. A., & Hall, R. L. (1978). Estimation of toxic hazard—a decision tree approach. Food and cosmetics toxicology, 16(3), 255-276.)
Education Level – Ph.D. (10+ years’ experience) Degree: Toxicology with a minimum of 10 years of experience working as a toxicologist and/or teaching courses on toxicology and an expertise in structure-toxicity relationships or Ph.D. in organic chemistry, biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or physiology with a minimum of 12 years of experience working as a toxicologist and/or teaching courses on toxicology and an expertise in structure-toxicity relationships.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert