Postdoctoral Fellow – ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Army Research Laboratory
- Adelphi, Maryland
- $115,000 annual stipend + benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 26, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Biochemical, Biological, Biotechnical, Energy, Energy / Fuels, Engineering, Environmental, General / Technical, Geological, Materials, Physical
- Work Function
- Research-Applied, Research-Basic
- Job Type
- Full time
The Army Research Laboratory (ARL) Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to pursue independent research that supports the mission of ARL. The Fellow benefits by having this opportunity and by working alongside some of the nation's best scientists and engineers. ARL benefits by the expected transfer of new science and technology that enhances the capabilities of the U.S. Army and the warfighter in times of both peace and war.
The Army Research Laboratory invites exceptional early career researchers to participate in this excitement as ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows. These Fellows must display extraordinary ability in scientific research and show clear promise of becoming outstanding future leaders. Candidates are expected to have already successfully tackled a major scientific or engineering problem during their thesis work or to have provided a new approach or insight, evidenced by a recognized impact in their field.
ARL offers five named Fellowships honoring distinguished researchers and work that has been performed at Army Labs. Applications are currently being accepted for up to two of these fellowships:
- the Harry Diamond Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
- the George F. Adams Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
- the Robert J. Eichelberger Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
- the ENIAC Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
- the Brad E. Forch Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
Benefits of an ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
- One-year appointment, renewable for up to 3 years based on performance
- Annual stipend of $115,000 Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Paid relocation and professional travel allowance
By October 1, 2023, applicants must have completed all the requirements for a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree in the physical sciences, life sciences, computational sciences, behavioral sciences, or engineering. Applicants who intend to defend their dissertation after October 1, 2023, are not eligible.
As of the application deadline (July 13, 2023 at 5 PM ET), applicants may not be more than five years beyond the award date of their Ph.D. or Sc.D.
There are no citizenship requirements; however, selected fellows must pass a Department of Defense clearance process, requiring a background security investigation. Foreign nationals must get further DoD approval, requiring a background investigation.
Interested candidates should visit http://www.nas.edu/arl for more information and to apply online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert