Associate Director - Machine Learning, AI, Computational Modeling
- UES Inc.
- Wright Patterson AFB, Dayton
- Closing date
- Jun 3, 2023
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
UES, inc. has developed capabilities in modeling and simulation, computational automation, autonomy, Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), software development, and a variety of disciplines in software engineering. As these areas continue to be a focal point for our business growth, we are seeking an experienced technical leader for an Associate Director role.
You will be responsible for working across divisions by harnessing our current expertise in these computational areas to further develop this business line by identifying, evaluating, and adding new programs and products across these disciplines. The growth of this line of business is expected to lead to establishing a new division to UES, Inc.
The Associate Director role will require someone that is well-versed in either modeling and simulation, computational automation, autonomy, ML/AI, or software development, with a working knowledge (or a strong curiosity to learn) in a Scientific and/or Engineering discipline such as Aerospace, Materials, Mechanical & Electrical Science, Physics or Biological Sciences. This will require an individual with experience in breaking down technical requirements, technical management, mentoring (leading technical teams), and an interest in identifying and developing training tools to assist others. Experience working on collaborative software projects is preferred, including the utilization of revision control and collaboration tools.
- This position will require U.S. Citizenship
- Ph.D. in science, or engineering field (or MS or BS in science/engineering with commensurate experience)
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience using data science tools in multiple application spaces
- Knowledge of machine learning tools in at least two programming languages (i.e. Python, MATLAB, C++, FORTRAN, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of computational disciplines such as databasing/big data, computational modeling and data analysis, computer architecture, and software engineering
- Strong communication and presentation skill including proposal writing and business development experience preferred
- Understanding of software development methodology and tools to streamline software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical leadership or mentoring
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and innovative team environment
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert