Flexsys is a global supplier of rubber chemicals and solutions including insoluble sulfur, anti-degradants, and post vulcanization stabilizers. The company’s focus is on delivering better solutions for manufacturers of tires and other rubber products that enhance product performance, optimize production efficiency, and ensure supply chain success. As the largest manufacturer of tire-industry additives in the world, and a newly independent entity, Flexsys brings a track record of innovation, quality, specialized expertise, a highly collaborative approach, and a commitment to growth – working together with our customers as a valuable partner, helping to meet their critical objectives.
Flexsys has an immediate opening for a synthetic organic technician in the Akron corporate headquarters. This position will support our business and innovation platforms providing synthetic expertise and productivity. The ideal candidate will have extensive laboratory experience in organic synthesis. This role will report to a Technology group leader.
Desired Candidate should possess the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry required.
· 5+ years of experience in organic synthesis
· Formal training in general and organic laboratory procedures.
· Expertise in analysis of organic molecules using tools including:
- Gas chromatography
- Liquid chromatography
- Mass spectrometry
· Experience using literature to determine practical synthetic pathways and applying learnings to the synthesis of new molecules
· Problem solving (math/science) skills and familiarity with statistical methods of analysis
· Initiative and the ability to work in a team setting. Clear and effective written and oral communication is essential
· General computer experience including relevant software knowledge
Responsibilities will include:
- Synthesis of new molecules at the laboratory scale with skills including:
- Determination of preferred synthetic routes
- Development of synthetic methodologies
- Lab scale synthetic techniques
- Standard organic purification techniques including chromatography, distillation, and crystallization
- Analysis of reaction products and purity using typical analytical techniques
- Capturing information in a laboratory notebook
- Reporting results and proposing next steps to the project team and Technology management
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment
- Interact with internal customers to provide technical insight
- Develop relationships and collaborate effectively with internal subject matter experts