Do you want to be “The Adhesive Expert” in a booming business?
Due to our continued growth, Green Bay Packaging Inc., Coated Products Operations is currently searching for a Senior Product Development Engineer – Adhesive for our Green Bay Headquarters’ location.
Founded in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility.
Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,600 team members and operates 41 facilities in 14 states, each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com
The Coated Products Operations consists of three manufacturing plants, 4 Slitting and Distribution Centers, and a majority interest partnership in Mexico. The CPO manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations. Product capabilities include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil and thermal offerings.
The Coated Products facility in Green Bay recently completed a major expansion, making this plant a state-of-the-art facility. The expansion has doubled the size of our plant, and includes a new building, Coater, Slitters and Automated Sequencing System.
The Senior Product Development Engineer - Adhesives will be part of the Technical team, which consists of engineers, technicians, and analysts working in Research & Development, Technical Service, Process Improvement, and Quality roles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with Sales & Marketing to define gaps in GBP’s product portfolio and identify new growth opportunities within the pressure sensitive industry.
- Working directly with customers to understand and define their wants, needs, and associated value of new technologies.
- Developing new products that meet customer CTQs and are robust in design. Defining manufacturing and quality specifications for products.
- Partnering with Manufacturing and Procurement teams on product developments, process developments, and process improvements with the goal of creating growth-enabling new products and optimizing profit margins.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert to GBP in all areas of adhesives and pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA’s), specifically.
- Stay abreast of new adhesive technologies and evolving trends in the PSA industry through engagement with suppliers, customers, and industry conferences.
- Lead new raw material qualifications in a timely fashion.
- Support process optimization, PSA hygiene best practices, and troubleshooting in the manufacturing plant.
This position will report directly to the Director, Technical (R&D). On-Site position. Will be based in Green Bay, WI.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science & Engineering
- A strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products. Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes.
- Background in emulsion polymerization and formulation.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of coating and converting process equipment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
We offer a stable work environment, modern facilities and a high quality of life location. In addition, the selected candidate will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
If you are interested in exploring this exceptional career opportunity with a solid, stable company, please send your resume to:
Green Bay Packaging Inc.
Attn. - David J. Mogan, PHR
Coated Products Operations
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.