Who We Are
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancer.
The Bioconjugations group at Bolt Biotherapeutics is looking for an individual experienced in bioconjugation, purification and characterization of complex bioconjugates to play an important role in the discovery and development of immune-stimulating, myeloid-engaging transformative therapeutics. The scientist will be responsible for bioconjugation activities to produce novel immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACs). In this capacity, the scientist will work cross-functionally as part of internal multi-disciplinary teams, as well as working with external partners and CROs. The scientist will be expected to participate in experimental design and planning, conduct experiments, maintain detailed records, and communicate results.
• Synthesis, purification, and characterization of ADCs on research- and early development scales
• Development and optimization of conjugation protocols utilizing novel chemistries and technologies
• Represent the bioconjugation group as a member of multidisciplinary project teams
• Record and communicate findings in a timely manner
• A PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline with 2+ years of industrial experience is preferred. Qualified BS/MS candidates should have at least 5 years of industrial experience in a drug discovery and development setting
• Candidates with previous experience in the discovery and development of ADCs, including hands-on experience with the conjugation process are preferred
• Candidate should be able to work independently, learn and optimize new conjugation techniques.
• Candidates with good working knowledge in analytical techniques including HIC-, SEC-, RP-HPLC and capillary electrophoresis are preferred
• Knowledge and experience in laboratory scale purification using various types of column chromatography and tangential flow filtration is desired
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams.
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills essential
• Must be able to deliver in a timeline-driven, fast-paced, start-up environment
$135,000 - $185,000 a year
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Bolt Biotherapeutics requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Bolt will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.