Rhino Linings QC Chemist supports production activity by accurately testing raw materials or bulk finished goods product, in a timely manner, per established ISO standards, and evaluates data and quality of product to decide release of raw material or bulk product for use in the RLCorp manufacturing processes.
Major responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Manages quality control process and manages the overall quality program for manufacturing production, and provides technical support to manufacturing.
- Analyzes problem situations and decides the proper approach, per RL and ISO methodologies, that will resolve "out of specification" issues promptly and economically.
- Assists in the development of new products and product certifications in response to needs from the business.
- Formulates, compounds, prepares, evaluations and tests all new products according to set procedures with the aim of maintaining quality and integrity of product.
- Interprets test results and performs detailed scientific analyses as required to successfully commercialize new products. Responsibilities include: Formulation, preparation, testing, data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Provides proficiency in polyurethane testing, quality control and quality assurance testing procedures and assists manufacturing, production and complaint resolution with customers.
- Maintains lab equipment and infrastructure used for production.
- Assists in meeting production schedules and maintaining inventory at an acceptable level without back orders.
- BS in Chemistry with 5+ years formulating experience in a laboratory setting, preferably working with polyurethanes.
- Incumbent must have experience in coating products such as polyurethane, polyurea, elastomer and polyaspartic products.
- Experience in quality management and manufacturing processes. Hands on work experience in successfully contributing to the resolution of polyurethane quality issues.
- Incumbent should have extensive formulation and lab experience and be capable of taking new formulations from the lab to production and to commercial success.
- Strong computer and written/verbal communication skills with ability to convey technical issues clearly and effectively with all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively in a team setting with diverse persons.
Full Benefits Package Include: Medical, dental, vision, paid sick/vacation, holidays, 401(k) with Match, Profit Sharing, Group Life, Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account, pet insurance, etc.
Application Process: Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.