Who We Are
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancer.
Bolt Biotherapeutics, located in Redwood City, CA, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with likeminded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
• Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel immune agonists payloads for ISAC platform
• Closely follow emerging results from SAR, pharmacological and ADME assays to contribute to the advancement of lead linker-payloads
• Troubleshoot and optimize synthetic routes
• Collaborate with chemists, biologists, and pharmacologists to interpret in vitro and in vivo
• Contribute to the writing of technical documents, patents, scientific manuscripts, etc.
• Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel linkers to improve biophysical properties of conjugates
• Understand published scientific and patent literature outside of their immediate area of expertise and apply this understanding to drive innovation
• Ph.D. in Chemistry or closely related field and a minimum of 8 years of industry experience
• Aptitude for presentations at different levels, from project teams to senior leadership
• Mentorship, development, and supervision of junior staff
• Possesses strong medicinal chemistry bench skills and experience designing and executing multi-step syntheses
• Hands on experience utilizing knowledge of organic chemistry reaction mechanisms, reactivity, and primary principles to troubleshoot and optimize synthetic routes
• Strong track record of utilizing SBDD and/or ligand-based drug design to generate lead molecules
• Ability to follow SAR and pharmacological data to design new molecules and advance leads
• Practiced in chromatographic purification techniques and modern analytical techniques
• Experience with antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) or targeted drug delivery preferred, Immune agonists a plus
• Chemistry Team Lead on project a plus
• Requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves, and safety glasses are required while working in the lab
• Ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods
$150,000 - $195,000 a year
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Bolt Biotherapeutics requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Bolt will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.